Open source people,
For a while now, I've been putting some data sets into a package called "raw" (r actuarial workshops) for use in the workshops that I've been a part of. It's always been hosted on GitHub, but I'd like to try to move it to CRAN. That's one less step for attendees to be able to load the package. At present, I've got the following data sets:
- All of the COTOR challenge claims data
- New Jersey Manufacturers WC triangle (from the recent Tayler and Grainne monograph)
- Tracks of every hurricane covered by the NOAA since 1972
- NFL results for about 12 seasons (I use this as an example of logistic regression)
- Some simulated data for state and regional claims experience (I use this for some ggplot2 examples and possibly for some hierarchical modeling examples)
- Most of the PPA data from Appendix A of the Werner & Modlin basic ratemaking paper
Is there anything that anyone would like to see added? Anything deleted? I think the NFL stuff is fun, but was thinking about switching it to a claims closure example.
I'm aiming for a CRAN submission sometime in late July or early August. Yesterday, I got package up on CRAN without any notes or nastygrams from Brian Ripley, so I'm feeling super confident.
The package is on Github here: https://github.com/PirateGrunt/raw_package. There are a few changes that I've not pushed yet, though I'll try to get to that tonight.